Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0007539
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
University of Minnesota Physicians is seeking a critical care cardiologist to join the cardiovascular division in furthering our mission to be a leader in innovation
The Cardiovascular Division at the University of Minnesota is seeking a board certified/eligible Critical Care Cardiologist at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank on an academic. We have established a service providing comprehensive critical care for non-surgical medical multi-morbid patients with cardiovascular disease. Our program cares for a large population of out-of-hospital and in-hospital cardiac arrest patients from across the upper Midwest requiring multi-modality hemodynamic support.
- Join a multidisciplinary team of 30+ Cardiologist
- 80% Clinical role with 20% protected research time
- 1:4 weeks (8am-5pm) rotating in the cardiovascular ICU; remainder of clinical time within the cardiology division
- Inpatient Volume: 5-15 patients as a daily census
- Call: Home Call with fellows as primary during overnights
- Our faculty plays an active role in instructing and mentoring
- Fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC)
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Critical Care Medicine & Cardiovascular Disease residency and/or fellowship-training program.
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of the VISA.
- Exceptional collaboration abilities with partners and staff.
- Understands and places importance on patient care/service.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Education focused and a creative problem-solver.
- Required areas of expertise include general clinical cardiology and advanced training and expertise in cardiovascular disease patient care management. Proven knowledge and success in clinical skills. Candidates should have experience in supporting medicine post-graduate fellowship training. Candidates should be recognized for provision of clinical excellence.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health providers. #UMP
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.