Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Medical Doctors (M.D) and Doctors of Osteopathy (D.O) (“physicians”) provide and manage direct medical care for a specified patient population for The Group. MD’s and DO’s provide all aspects of care to include evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of The Group patients consistent with their license, privileges and experience. Physician provides patient care by working collaboratively with other health care professionals in interviewing, examining and treating patients; provides materials and resources to patients and families. Physicians work to understand and improve the clinical and patient flow processes in the clinics and participate in review and improvement of the financial success of the clinic/department. Maintain proper patient files and records as mandated by federal and state laws and Group policies. Must adhere to all policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety. Participation in Compliance and other required training is a condition of employment.
- Diagnose illnesses, examine patients, order, perform, interpret diagnostic tests and obtain medical histories
- Manage populations of patients, focusing on prevention, wellness, and a holistic approach to patients, including diet, exercise, habits
- Prescribe and administer treatment for people suffering from injury or disease
- Manages the patient care process, by ensuring that a comprehensive patient assessment and plan of care is completed and documented
- Manage the physician/patient relationship
- Consults with and advises other providers regarding optimal and cost-effective treatment of patients
- The ability to make decisions in emergencies
- Manages the patient care process by ensuring that a comprehensive patient assessment and plan of care is completed and documented on all patients within the time frame of the established policy
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, literature review, in-service, and workshops
- Represents the views, needs concerns, and policy proposals of the Medical Group to the Physician leadership
- Other duties as assigned
- Current MD/DO medical licenses in the states of Kansas and Missouri
- Board Certified, or in the process of obtaining certification unless granted an exemption by Credentialing Committee and/or Board of Governors
- Kansas DEA Registration and Missouri DEA/BNDD if applicable to practice
- Current BLS certification
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.