The Dublin, GA VA Medical Center is searching for a BE/BC Family Practice/Internal Medicine Physician to join their dynamic healthcare team.
Positions are located at the Dublin VA Medical Center and at the Tifton and Albany, GA Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs).
Physician will perform exams according to performance measure guidelines and procedures and dictate notes according to policy/procedure. Other duties may include screening outpatients to determine need for further care, ordering diagnostic studies, carrying out health promotion and disease prevention activities, initiating and expediting requests for consultations and scheduling special tests and studies.
Performs other related duties as needed. The physician shall document all medical care through the use of the electronic medical records. This included the use of clinical reminders for documentation of care as well as consults, progress notes, doctor's orders and any laboratory or pharmacy requests, etc.
The physician will typically work 8-hour shifts but will not work less than 80 hours during a two-week pay period. 8-hour shifts are from 8 a.m. through 4:30 pm on week days. Physician reports directly to the Primary Care Service Line Manager.
Board certification by the appropriate American Board for his/her specialty is preferred. Physician must hold a certification in Advanced Cardiac Life support.
Salary Range: Up to $225,000 per year
Relocation/Recruitment incentive available for a highly qualified candidate
The selected candidate for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
(1) Citizenship: Citizen of the United States
(2) Education: Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the degree was granted. (schools including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full unrestricted licensure. (Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association.)
(3) Licensure and Registration: Current, full and unrestricted licensure to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia. The physician must and maintain current registration.
(4) Language Proficiency: Must be proficient in spoken and written English
(5) Board certification by the appropriate American Board for internal medicine/family practice, emergency medicine, doctor of osteopathy with AMA or AOA is preferred.
Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life. https://www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/benefits/index.asp
Internal Number: -
About The Dublin, GA VA Medical Center
More than 6.3 million Veterans and their families turn to us for care every year, and it is our duty to provide them with the best health care available. Our team of 250,000 full-time employees and 90,000 health professional trainees work together on interdisciplinary care teams to deliver critical services to our Nation’s Veterans. From Iraqi Freedom service members to those who survived WWII, our Veterans need us. We renewed our focus on increasing access to care by beginning one of our largest hiring initiatives ever. With challenging cases and advanced equipment, VA offers careers for physicians and nurses at all acuity levels, from primary care to subspecialties. Our interdisciplinary careers offer growth opportunities for mental health and rehabilitative service providers.