JOB CATEGORY: CLINICAL AFFAIRS / MEDICAL / ADMINISTRATION
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a professional position of a highly complex nature involving leadership and coordination of Clinical Affairs and health information management throughout the organization. In the absence of the Vice President of Clinical Affairs, this position provides leadership and supports the objectives of the organization. Provides direct medical care for patients as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Graduation from a medical school approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association or the Committee on Hospitals of the Bureau of Professional Education of the American Osteopathic Association, or Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners or the National Board of Osteopathic Examiners or the New Mexico Medical Board.
• Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner program.
• Graduate of a Physician Assistant program.
• One year Electronic Health Records (EHR) training, coordination and implementation experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must have by date of hire and maintain current throughout employment: • Licensed to practice medicine by the State of New Mexico with ability to obtain admitting privileges and active staff membership at local hospital, if applicable.
• New Mexico Board of Nursing license with certification as a Nurse Practitioner or as a Clinical Nurse Specialist / Family Practice or Certification from the New Mexico Board of Medical Examiners.
• License from the New Mexico Board of Medical Examiners and/or from the New Mexico Osteopathic Board as a Physician Assistant.
AND • DEA license • New Mexico Controlled Substance Registration (CSR) • Medicare PIN and UPIN numbers • Medicaid Number • Have or be able to obtain BLS/CPR or ACLS certification within 30 days of hire. If you are assigned to a center with ACLS medications and/or equipment, you must have ACLS certification within 30 days of hire. Certification must meet the requirements listed in the document “BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources” posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep your certification current at all times.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Presbyterian Medical Services offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package for its eligible employees.
Internal Number: 18380
About Presbyterian Medical Services
Presbyterian Medical Services (PMS), founded in 1969, is a nonsectarian non-profit organization with corporate offices in Santa Fe, New Mexico. PMS is a prominent health and human service provider to under served, impoverished and vulnerable populations across New Mexico. PMS operates one of the largest Federally-Qualified Health Center (FQHC) systems in New Mexico incorporating primary care, behavioral health, and dental care. PMS is Joint Commission Accredited in both Ambulatory Health Care and Behavioral Health Care.
Our comprehensive array of services includes pharmacy; prenatal, maternal and child health; disease prevention and risk reduction; school-based health care; social and nutritional programs; senior citizen programs; health care for the homeless; traditional and alternative healing treatments designed for Native Americans; hospice and home care; rehabilitation and vocational programs for disabled adults; a residential treatment center for adolescents; as well as Home Visiting and Parent Education, Head Start and Early Head Start Programs.
PMS is not affiliated with Presbyterian Healthcare Services, Presbyterian Hospitals, or Presbyterian Health-plan based in Albuquerque.