In this leadership role, the selected candidate will:
- Direct the overall administration, programming, delivery and quality assurance of services offered by the Clinical Skills Center.
- Design a multi-year clinical simulation curriculum to teach students and assess expected competencies and assure graduates meet school and national accreditation and certification standards.
- Ensure best practices in the development and delivery of simulation and standardized patient (SP) educational experiences.
- Develop the vision for and the future expansion of Center programs and services within the school and partner organizations.
- Provide clinical expertise in the development of all simulation/SP cases and clinical encounters and works with students and residents in developing and remediating clinical skills.
- Oversee the collection of data on learning outcomes and participate in preparing reports on program activities, outcomes and student performance, quality assurance monitoring, accreditation requirements; and other related reports.
- Promote and participate in faculty development, research and scholarly work in the field.
- Oversee budget and ongoing operations of the Center and directly supervises the administrative director and faculty involved in supporting Center functions including purchase of technology.
- Work with RowanSOM foundation to seek funding and grant support for center expansion and new programming.
This position reports to the Associate Dean for Assessment in fulfilling these overall functions and in performing specific responsibilities of the position. The Medical Director also may be engaged in clinical practice in his/her area of clinical specialty.
- Medical Degree (DO or MD or equivalent degree).
- Must be able to obtain a New Jersey Medical License.
- Experience in medical education and curriculum development.
- Experience with use of an audio-video/textual data capture application for simulation, such as CAE Healthcare’s Learning Space or similar.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Meet all qualifications for holding a faculty position in the appropriate clinical department.
- Experience of 3 years or more in planning, developing and evaluating clinical simulation/SP programs.
- Experience of 5 years or more in clinical practice.
- Knowledge of simulation research and educational theory.
Additional Salary Information:
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Generous paid time off
- APB retirement benefit plan with employer contribution up to 8% of base salary (state regulations apply)
- Malpractice insurance that provides coverage to clinical faculty
- State Health Benefit program that includes medical, dental and prescriptions
- Life insurance and option to apply for long term disability insurance
- Employee Housing Incentive reimbursement ($1500/year for up to ten years)
- Family relocation reimbursement (in accordance with IRS guidelines-Publication 521)
- Undergraduate tuition scholarship program for dependent(s), spouse, domestic or civil union partner
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
Internal Number: 492362
About Rowan University
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 17,300 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public inst...itutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report.
Rowan University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. For the complete Rowan University non-discrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://sites.rowan.edu/equity/_docs/policies/eeo-statement.pdf.